Looking for an easy homemade bread recipe that doesn’t require a packet of yeast? This honey beer bread recipe is here for you. My favorite honey beer bread recipe is ultra-easy to make with just 6 ingredients (no yeast required) and tastes so buttery and delicious! If you have never made beer bread before, I’m telling you, bread-baking doesn’t get any easier than this! Simply stir 5 basic ingredients together (flour, baking powder, salt, beer and honey), brush melted butter on top of the batter, and bake until golden. Then — voila! — in less than an hour, the most delicious, buttery, cozy and comforting beer bread will yours to enjoy in no time. It can be served up with just about any kind of meal, although we’re especially partial to dipping it in soups and stews at our house. It can also be easily frozen and saved for later, if you would like. And it’s also easy to customize with various herbs or a handful of shredded cheese, if you would like.
- self-rising flour 3 cups
- lite beer 12 ounces
- Honey 1\4 cup
- Baking powder 1 tablespoon
- Butter 1\4 cup
- salt 1 teaspoon
- stir together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then stir in the beer and honey until combined.
- Pour about half of the melted butter into a 9×5-inch bread pan, and brush it all around to grease the inside of the pan. Add the batter and spread it out in an even layer. Then brush the remaining melted butter evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Remove and transfer the pan to a wire baking rack and let the bread cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice with a bread knife and serve warm.
Cheryl grew up in Texas. Then she and husband Brady moved for a job in Arizona. She gets to work alongside her partner in crime every day and they’re living their best life together. She cooked many dishes, but beer bread she liked the most: “There is no dish that is prepared as easily as beer bread.” But the main advantage of beer bread is not only its simplicity, but also its amazing taste.