Kendra’s Cowboy Steak Bake! Being a cowgirl is in her blood. She would rather be on the back of a horse, but she can make a hand in the kitchen, too. I am blessed to call Kendra a friend!
I’m so excited to share these extremely versatile Steak & Bacon Potato Hash Foil Packs! Recipe caters for both medium and well-done steaks.
- tenderized round steak 2 lbs.
- bacon 1 package
- sliced potatoes 7
- green chile to taste
- cheddar cheese shredded ¼ cup
- mozzarella cheese shredded ¼ cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- First layer cooked bacon on the bottom of a pan.
- For the second layer, add tenderized round steak
- Pour the melted garlic butter over the top; set aside. For the third layer, add sliced potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes and green chile
- Cover with foil, bake until potatoes are soft.
Note: You could also substitute the round steak for ground beef.
Most people may think of ranchers and cowboys as men. But although they are under-chronicled, ranch women work from dark to dark, keeping step with hired hands, brothers, fathers and husbands. They blaze trails through unforgiving scrub. They cook supper and feed bulls. At any given time, they wear the hats—and the gloves—of geologist, veterinarian, lawyer and mechanic. They are fierce and feminine and powerful.
Spending 30 minutes in the kitchen preparing dinner will put me in a much calmer, less frazzled mood than sitting on the couch for the same amount of time.
Plus it gives me an opportunity to nurture my family and friends. To express my love and take care of them.